Changes to Swimming Pool Laws

10 Apr 2014

A previous article addressed the amendments to the Swimming Pools Act 1992 ("the Act").

There have been some developments, in which owners of properties with pools may be interested.  This includes owners of lots in strata schemes which have a pool.  In particular:

• The commencement dates of the amendments to the Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2010 and the Residential Tenancies Regulation 2010 have been pushed back a year to 29 April 2015.  These amendments require, where a property including a pool is sold or leased, that a certificate of compliance in relation to the pool be attached to the contract for sale or provided to the lessee.
  • Councils are reporting high failure rates with inspections, with a three-month interval between receiving an application and issuing it being not uncommon.  This suggests that owners of properties with pools should obtain a certificate of compliance as soon as possible and not leave that until they decide to sell or lease.
  • The Building Professionals Board is establishing a new category of private certifier, dealing with pool inspections, so owners will soon have another option for arranging inspections and certificates.

***The information contained in this article is general information only and not legal advice.  The currency, accuracy and completeness of this article (and its contents) should be checked by obtaining independent legal advice before you take any action or otherwise rely upon its contents in any way.

Prepared by
David Bannerman and Mark Pollinger - www.bannermans.com.au

Source: Stratalive - www.stratalive.com.au

Comments

# At 10:10pm, April 21, 2015, nancy jo said:
Shelley Hill Pools has over 40 years of experience providing beautiful quality pools in the Hudson Valley area. Our focus on quality and aesthetics has made us one of the leading providers of high-end pools in the community, which is why we are the top choice for many of your neighbors. you can look us up at shelleyhillswimmingpools.com
# At 11:47pm, April 25, 2015, nancy jo said:
# At 1:01am, April 26, 2015, nancy jo said:
# At 8:58pm, July 5, 2015, Yury said:
Christina!Where did you find this photo - I mean, where is this pool?I love the idea of a shallow "beach" area in a pool deigsn. This infinity edge within the outside edges of the pool.... wow.Cheers!
# At 12:44am, July 28, 2015, Cinta said:
Good concept: haven't heard back as yetThis sdouns like a great concept and I would be very interested to hear how and if the company can assist me. The application was easy to make, and I received an automated response immediately.I would suggest, however, that more than one time slot should be able to be selected for a call back. I could only select one slot, and whilst it is only a bit over half a day, I have not received a call back. Really, if you are doing a call back service it needs to be very timely, else it is easier for the customer to phone direct with enquiries, whilst it is in the forefront of their mindsI certainly received no call back in my specified time, and whilst I am available 24/7 that would be just NOT at school pickup/drop off times. So if the missed calls from an unidentified number with no message left, at school pickup time, are these guys, then yup . that would NOT be a suitable time to call.Still keen to hear however, so I will try to remember to phone through myself tomorrow.PS the minimal ratings inprofessionalism and cost saving are therefore actually ???? but it will only allow me to submit my opinion if they are filled. Would you recommend to other mums? Ease of registering The service after registration Professionalism of Staff Did they save you money?
# At 6:38am, October 18, 2015, Sasi said:
Good concept: haven't heard back as yetThis sdnuos like a great concept and I would be very interested to hear how and if the company can assist me. The application was easy to make, and I received an automated response immediately.I would suggest, however, that more than one time slot should be able to be selected for a call back. I could only select one slot, and whilst it is only a bit over half a day, I have not received a call back. Really, if you are doing a call back service it needs to be very timely, else it is easier for the customer to phone direct with enquiries, whilst it is in the forefront of their mindsI certainly received no call back in my specified time, and whilst I am available 24/7 that would be just NOT at school pickup/drop off times. So if the missed calls from an unidentified number with no message left, at school pickup time, are these guys, then yup . that would NOT be a suitable time to call.Still keen to hear however, so I will try to remember to phone through myself tomorrow.PS the minimal ratings inprofessionalism and cost saving are therefore actually ???? but it will only allow me to submit my opinion if they are filled. Would you recommend to other mums? Ease of registering The service after registration Professionalism of Staff Did they save you money?
# At 6:50pm, December 30, 2015, Angelito said:
STILL haven't heard backI cannot beelvie I have STILL not heard back from this company! If it is because their service is not available in my area or something, then the least they can do it phone me back, as they state they will, and inform me. Annoying to say the least. The form asks for a suitable time to call. Why get the information only to provide no service, especially when you are being reviewed???? Would you recommend to other mums? Ease of registering The service after registration Professionalism of Staff Did they save you money?

Username *